Blackfriars' Marketing

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Tagging for the Blackfriars Blog

, ,

I've been working this week on making improvements to both Blackfriars' Web site and this blog. You will probably notice that most posts now begin with a category tag. This allows me to start organizing our content by subject and by linking to other posts of similar topics. I'm currently linking my tags through Technorati, but will be checking out other tagging portals as well. Comments, as always, are welcome.

In other news, I've been noticing that my blogging on flat screen TVs -- that is, plasma, LCD, and other similar digital displays -- is some of the blog's most referenced content. Since I'm analyzing that market on an ongoing basis, both for myself and as a way to help out friends as well, I'll be writing more on that topic over the coming months. My initial prediction: these new flat screen TVs will be as hot this decade as PCs were in the past twenty years. But these won't be your parent's TVs. Not only can they be hung on walls, but they will provide access to a much wider variety of content, including cable, HD-DVDs, Internet streams, game consoles, and other sources. These TVs are just big computers with consumer user interfaces, but they will change our relationship to the electronic world forever. More to come soon.